Salamu Alaikum shaikh i have a question about photography/pictures , many shuyookh say it is haram , why is it haram , and they bring mostly daleel because painting/drawings were haram but arent photos specific unlike drawings/paintings ,could you explain this matter ,
To draw the picture of a living being such as human being and animal, either by hand, pen, machine or any other means, is forbidden in Islam. But drawing the picture of inanimate, trees for example, picture of headless animates and tiny pictures which deserve no respect like the pictures on money are permissible. It is narrated on the authority of Sayeed Ibne Abil Hasan that he was with Ibne Abbas (رضى الله عنه) when a person came to him and said, “O Ibne Abbas! My substance is from my manual profession and I make theses pictures”. Ibne Abbas said, “I will tell you only what I heard from Allaah’s Apostle. I heard him saying, “Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allaah till he puts life in it”. Hearing this, the man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibne Abbas said to him, “What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make the pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects”. (Bukhari Bab Bai-e-Ttasaweer: 1/296)
Therefore, it is not permitted to take photography and picture of living beings without any necessity, photography for ID, Passport for instance.
- Is taraweeh 20 rakaats???
- Du’aa before Ramadhaan
- Ramadhaan Gift
- Inspirational du’aa before Ramadhaan
- Lengthy du’aas in qauma and jalsa, permissible according to ahnaf?
- Nikaah over the phone.!!!
- The Status of the beard in Islam.
- Nikaah and consent.
- Dream of ones boyfriend
- Dreams and the usage of taweez
- TA’BEERURU’YAA-DREAM INTERPRETATION
- AUROTAWN KE MASAYEEL-WOMEN’S ISSUES
- Sucking Wife's Breast & Touching Sexual Organ
- Ask Mufti Online
- dua and bad dua its effects
- Wird for pimples, marriage and hair loss
- Can a woman use Razor for removing pubic hair
- 1,513,066 hits