CONDITIONS FOR IHRAAM
There are two conditions for the validity of Ihraam.
2) Niyyah of Ihraam and recitation of Talbiay or any other Zikr at least once
WAJIBAAT OF IHRAAM
1) To make Niyyah of Ihraam and recite Talbiyah from the Miqaat-legal boundary
2) To abstain from those practices which are prohibited in the state of Ihraam
NOTE: Niyyah and Talbiyah both are necessary for the validity of Ihraam. If one is missed, the Ihraam won’t be valid.
CONDITIONS FOR HAJJ
There are four conditions for Hajj, 1) conditions which make Hajj obligatory 2) conditions that make performance of Hajj Waajib 3) conditions for the validity of performance 4) conditions for getting free from the obligation
CONDITIONS MAKE HAJJ WAAJIB
There are seven conditions which make Hajj Farz.
2) Knowledge of the obligation of Hajj (for one living in a non-Muslim country)
3) Aql-being sound
4) Buloogh-being adult
5) Free from slavery
7) Time-Shawwaal, Ziq’dah and the first ten days of Zil-Hijjah
CONDITIONS NECESSITATE PERFORMANCE OF HAJJ
1) Being physically well
2) Having no restriction from government or prison
3) Having road to Makkah secured
4) Being companied by husband or Mahram
5) Not observing Iddah
CONDITIONS FOR VALIDITY OF PERFORMANCE
3) Performing Hajj in its time
4) Performing every ritual at its specific place
5) Being san
6) Being adult
7) Not to have sexual relation after putting on the Ihraam before staying at Arafaat
8) Performing all rituals of Hajj oneself without taking help from others
9) Performing Hajj in the same year in which the Ihraam has been put on
CONDITIONS FOR GETTING FREE FROM OBLIGATION
1) Having Islaam at the time of performing Hajj
2) Remaining in the state of Islaam till the last breath
3) Being free from slavery
4) Being adult
5) Being sane
6) Performing Hajj oneself, if capable
7) Not invalidating Hajj by intercourse
8) Not making intention of Hajj on behalf of someone
9) Not having the intention of Nafl Hajj
OBLIGATORY ACTS IN HAJJ
There are three Farayeez in Hajj.
1) Ihraam—putting on the Ihraam intending for Hajj.
2)Uqufe Arafaat—staying in Arafah at any time even for a single moment from the Zawaal-afternoon of Zilhijjah 9 to the dawn of Zillhijjah 10.
3)Tawaafe Ziyarah—Tawaaf performed after getting the hair trimmed or shaved from the morning of Zilhijjah 10 to the Zilhijjah 12.
If any of the above-mentioned Farayeez is missed, Hajj will be invalid and can’t be compensated with Dam-sacrifice. It is Wajib to perform the above-stated Farayeez in proper order at their specific places and times.
Wajibaat of Hajj
There are six Wajibaat in Hajj.
1) To stay at Muzdalifah at its prescribed time
2) To perform Sa’ee—slow running between Safa and Marwah-the area between the two green columns and fluorescent lights.
3) To perform Ramee-throwing pebbles at the Jamaraat.
4) To sacrifice animals. (this is wajib for one who performs Hajj Al-Qiraan or Tamttu’)
5)To get the hair of head trimmed or shaved.
6)To perform Tawaaf Alwada’. (this Tawaaf is for those who have come from outside the Miqaat).
Conditions & Wajibaat of Tawaaf
Conditions for Tawaaf are as follows:
3) Performing Tawaaf in the Masjid Al-Haram, around the Ka’bah
4) Performing the major circuit of Tawaaf
5) Performing Tawaaf by oneself even sitting in a wheelchair, if needed.
The stated conditions are common for all types of Tawaaf; Hajj, Umrah and the followings are specific for the Tawaaf of Hajj.
1) Performing Tawaaf at the specific time
2) Preceding the Tawaaf with Ihraam
3) Preceding the Tawaaf with Uquf Al-Arafah
Wajibaat of Tawaaf are as below:
1) Purifying oneself from both major and minor impurities
2) Covering of Satar—the Satar of man is from navel to the knees and of woman is the whole body save face, hand up to wrists and feet.
3) Performing Tawaaf on one’s own foot, if possible
4) Commencing Tawaaf facing the Ka’bah in a manner that the entire Hajar-e-Aswad remains on one’s right and the left shoulder is towards Rukne Yamaanee.
5) Performing Tawaaf including Hateem
6) Commencing the Tawaaf from Hajar Al–Aswad, though some viewed it as Sunnah
7) Performing all rounds of Tawaaf
8)Performing two Raka’at Salaah after the completion of Tawaaf
CONDITIONS FOR VALIDITY OF SA’EE
1) Performing Sa’ee oneself
2) Performing Sa’ee after performing a complete Tawaaf or most of its circuits
3) Preceding Sa’ee with Hajj or Umrah Ihraam
4) Beginning Sa’ee from Safaa and completing at Marwaah
5) Performing most circuits of Sa’ee
6) Performing Sa’ee in its time-Hajj days
ESSENTIAL ASPECTS OF SA’EE
1) Performing Sa’ee after a Tawaaf performed in the state of Taharah from major impurities
2) Beginning Sa’ee from Safaa and ending at Marwah
3) Performing Sa’ee walking, if there is no valid reason 4) Completing seven circuits of Sa’ee
5) Not taking off the Ihraam till the end of Sa’ee when it is of Umrah
6) Covering the whole distance between Safaa and Marwah by walking
CONDITIONS FOR VALIDITY OF UQOOF
2) Performing Uqoof with the Ihraam of a valid Hajj
3) Performing Uqoof at its specific place-Arafaat
4) Performing Uqoof in its time-from the Zawaal of 9 till the dawn of 10 Zulhijjah. It is Wajib to stay at Arafaat from the Zawaal of 9th Zilhajjah till the sunset. Dam will be Wajib on leaving Arafaat before the sun sets.
CONDITIONS FOR VALIDITY OF RAMEE
1) Throwing pebbles, not placing them
2) Throwing them by hand
3) Throwing them closer to Jamarah
4) Falling of pebbles by the action of the person throwing them
5) Throwing seven pebbles separately
6) Throwing pebbles oneself, if there is no valid reason
7) Pebbles must be from the type of soil
8) Performing Ramee in its time-10-13
9) Performing most part of Ramee
10) Performing Ramee in order (this is sunnah according to majority of Ulamaa)
DAYS OF RAMEE
Days of Ramee are four; 10, 11, 12 and 13 Zul Hijjah. It is to be noticed that on 10th, only the Ramee of Jamarh Ukhrah which is towards Makkah will be performed. The time is from the early dawn till the dawn of 11th Zul Hijjah. But the Masnoon time is between the sunrise and Zawaal. On 11th till 13th, the Ramee of all Jamaraat will be performed. The time of Ramee commences from Zawaal and ends at the early dawn on 11th and 12th while it begins from the early dawn and ends at sunset on 13th. But it is Makrooh to perform Ramee before Zawaal on 13th of Zul Hijjah.
RULING ON SACRIFICE
# After completing the Ramee of Jamarah Ukhraa, one should come to one’s camp without engaging oneself on the way and then perform the Qurbani of Shukr. This Qurbani is Mustahab for Mufrid and Waajib for Qaarin and Mutamatti’.
# If Mufrid shaves or trims his hair before making sacrifice then there is no Dam for him. It is Mustahab to perform Ramee before making sacrifice and sacrifice before shaving and trimming. But it is Waajib for Qaarin and Mutamatti’ to make sacrifice before shaving and trimming.
# One who knows how to slaughter should do it himself but one who does not know should stay near by the scarified animal at the time of sacrifice.
All the rules of sacrifice for Eidul Azhaa will be applied to the sacrifice of Hajj. The animals which are not liable for the sacrifice of Eidul Azhaa are not suitable for the sacrifice of Hajj.
# The sacrifice of Eidul Azhaa is not Waajib for a Hajj who is Musafir in Makkah Mukarramah. But if a Hajj is Muqeem and is Sahebenisaab then the sacrifice of Eidul Azhaa will be Waajib.
RULING ON SHAVING AND TRIMMING
# After performing sacrifice, a Hajji should get the hair of his head shaved or trimmed. He should sit facing the Qiblah and begin with his right hand side.
It is Waajib to shave or trim one fourth hair of the head. If someone shaves or trims less than one fourth then he is not permitted to take off his Ihraam.
# It is Mustahab to shave or trim all the hair. Shaving is better for man than trimming.
# It is better to trim more than one inch if one wants to trim so that all long and short hair will be trimmed.
# One may remove unnecessary hair and cut his nail after getting the hair of head shaved or trimmed.
# If some one removes unnecessary hair and cuts his nails before getting the hair of head shaved or trimmed then Jazaa will be Waajib.
# It is Haraam for woman to shave her hair. She will get one fourth of her hair trimmed to the length of more than one inch.
# It is Sunnah for man to get all the hair of head shaved or trimmed. It is permissible to get one fourth of hair shaved or trimmed but this is regarded as Makrooh Tahrimee.
# A person who is bald or has wounds on his head should pass the razor over the head. If a person is unable to pass even the razor on the head because of wounds then passing the razor is not necessary. He will release his Ihraam like one who gets his hair shaved or trimmed. But it is better that such type of person should release the Ihraam only after the 12th of Zul Hijjah.
# It is necessary that the hair must get shaved or trimmed from the early dawn of 10th Zulhijjah till the sunset of 12th Zulhijjah inside the Haram area. If it is not shaved or trimmed within the specific time and at the specific place then the person will be regarded Halaal but Dam will be Waajib.
# After shaving or trimming, all the things which were Haraam because of Ihraam will become Halaal except sexual relations. It becomes permissible only after the Tawaaf Azziyarah. (Extracted from Muallimul Hujjaj)